Cyber Essentials is a simple but effective, government backed scheme that will help you to protect your business, whatever its size, against a whole range of the most common cyber attacks.
The new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) became law on 25th May 2018, and although there is no certification which proves compliance, Cyber Essentials is an important step to demonstrate that your business takes its responsibilities in data protection seriously. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), whose job it is to uphold the GDPR in the UK, recommends Cyber Essentials as ‘A good starting point’ for the cyber security of the IT you rely on to hold and process personal data.
Certification with Cyber Essentials has many benefits, including:
- Allowing your business to tender for contracts requiring Cyber Essentials certified suppliers.
- Enhancing trust between you and your clients/customers.
- Differentiating you from competitors, giving you an advantage based on your cyber security.
- Helping protect company assets and intellectual property.
- Mitigating up to 80% of common and preventable cyber threats.
- Potentially reducing insurance premiums.
Certification with Cyber Essentials is achieved through a self-assessment process, addressing five technical controls of Firewalls, Secure Configurations, User Access Control, Malware Protection, and Patch Management.
Cyber Essentials Plus is an enhanced certification, which includes the testing of controls through external and internal assessments by a Certification Body.
As a certified Xyone Cyber Essentials Consultancy, we provide support in the following areas:
- Pre-assessment consultancy to ensure compliance with Cyber Essentials requirements.
- Advice on any remediation needed ahead of assessment.
- Support on completing the self-assessment form and answering any follow-up questions from the Certification Body
Please contact us for more information, and a discussion on how we can help secure your business.